These are links I have discovered whilst on my travels around the Internet in the last few days.
- Mark Ruffalo has six picture deal with Marvel | TotalFilm.com
So Mark Ruffalo has a six picture deal with Marvel. YAY FOR MORE HULK
- Fake Kickstarter project 'Mythic' uncovered by internet users, forced to shut down | The Verge
A fake Kickstarter project was exposed by gamers and forced to shut down.
- Kevin Feige Tells How Marvel Whips Up Its Cinematic Super Sauce | Underwire | Wired.com
Wired talks to Kevin Feige, chief at Marvel Studios.
- Bartender for OS X cures menu bar clutter | The Verge
Bartender for Mac OS X lets the user hide menu bar icons. Free whilst it's in beta!
- Rupert Murdoch 'not fit' to lead major international company, MPs conclude | Media | guardian.co.uk
British MPs rule that Rupert Murdoch is not fit to run News International.
- Photo grid of famous atheists - Boing Boing
A grid of photographs of famous atheists. I didn't know how many people were non-believers!
- Followup: Antivaxxers, airlines, and ailments | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine
Talk from @badastronomer on why antivaxxers are bad times.
- Joss Whedon: The Complete Companion - Exclusive excerpt - Boing Boing
Excerpt from a new book about Joss Whedon.
- Why e-books will soon be obsolete (and no, it’s not just because of DRM) « Gyrovague
Geographical restrictions on ebook sales are stupid, but I disagree with the conclusion that PDFs are better than epubs.
- Zen Pencils does Tyson | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine
Comic strips based on astronomy!
- Appy Couple, A Wedding App That Gives the Guests a Part - AllThingsD
A website that lets you design an app for your wedding. THE FUTURE!
- JUICE is Europe’s next large science mission - ESA
ESA announces JUICE, the successor to the JGO that was the centre of my fourth-year project.
- iPad productivity apps - Matt Gemmell
Fantastic article on the productivity apps available for iPad, by @mattgemmell.
- 9 Scifi Films You Should See That You (Probably) Haven't - Filmcritic.com Feature
John @scalzi describes 9 SF films that everyone should see but probably hasn't. I've seen one!!
- Cold fire threads Orion’s Belt | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine
Awesome (in the proper sense of the word) image of Orion's Belt (available at 2300x3500px).
- Official UK National Rail app released for iOS and Android | The Verge
National Rail have released an official app on iOS and Android. It's free, or costs £4.99 for the no-ads version.
- Zuckerberg’s Dinners with Girlfriend Help Spur Life-Saving Facebook Tool - ABC News
Mark Zuckerberg was inspired to try to persuade people to be organ donors by his girlfriend and by Steve Jobs.
- Mountain Lion to have "do not disturb" feature for notifications - Ars Technica
Apple has added a Do Not Disturb option to Notification Center in Mountain Lion; will it come to iOS 6?
- Target to stop carrying Amazon Kindle hardware due to 'conflict of interest'? | The Verge
The @verge breaks the news that Target will stop carrying Amazon's Kindle.
- Ray Tomlinson, the inventor of email: 'I see email being used, by and large, exactly the way I envisioned' | The Verge
An interview with the inventor of email. Really interesting stuff from The @verge.
- Dev Rocket - Photoshop panel plugin for iOS developers
A plugin for Photoshop (CS5+) intended for iOS developers.
- Save One Show: We Have a Winner! - E! Online
COMMUNITY wins E! Online's annual save-one-show-from-cancellation vote-off. Hope NBC are listening!
- PaperKarma | Control Your Mailbox, Stop Paper Junk Mail - Using Your Phone!
An app to unsubscribe you from junk mail.
- How To Illustrate Wheelchairs In Comic Books | The Mary Sue
How to illustrate someone sitting in a wheelchair.
- Mary Beard: I won't lose sleep over Samantha Brick insults - Telegraph
The journalist who said she got abuse for being too pretty tells Prof. Mary Beard she's too ugly to appear on television.
- Reddit’s “What Secret Could Ruin Your Life if It Came Out?” Thread Is a Harrowing Descent Into the Darkest Reaches of the Human Soul | Slacktory
Reddit thread in which people describe secrets that would, if made public, ruin them. Some fucked up stuff.
- FREE fiction! (and other news!) | The Murverse
Get all of @mightymur's fiction for free in epub/mobi format.
- "MacMan" or "iMac?" The creative director behind Apple's turnaround - Ars Technica
Ars Technica talks to Ken Segall, the man that coined the word 'iMac'.
- The iPhone: maybe the best thing for the blind since Braille - kottke.org
The iPhone has been a revolution for the visually impaired.
- UK Open Science Initiative | The Mary Sue
David Willetts commits to making publicly funded research available openly.
- Paul Miller's Leaving the Internet for a Year—Why? by Garrett Murray
An article questioning Paul Miller's decision to leave the Internet.
- FactCheck: Minister plane wrong about Heathrow queues | The FactCheck Blog
The minister for immigration lies to the House of Commons about the queues at Heathrow Airport.
- Student abandoned in cell for 5 days by DEA gets apology but wants $20 million - Boing Boing
DEA abandons a student without food & water in a cell and is suing for $20m.
- Kindle Sales Plunge Made Amazon.com's Gross Margin Look Better - Seeking Alpha
Someone looks at e-ink manufacturers and concludes that Kindle sales dropped 75% this quarter.